* You will need 10.5 running on your machine, an extra HD or USB drive (16GB or higher) and this file.
1. Open Disk Utility and make two partitions on your extra HD both are GUID abd they can have same size.
2. Create a DMG image out of your isntall SL DVD.
3. Restore your image in one of the two partitions, you can call it “Install” just to be original.
4. Get info for the other partition and make sure is unlocked and un-flag the ignore ownership if need be.
5. Mount you install DVD image from the partition and hit the following keys:
6. Type this in the new window
7. Look and run the following file
making sure that you are installing in the ther partition that you probably named “Snow HD”
8. When the install is over do not reboot as we still need a boot loader for it to boot.
THE BOOT LOADER
1. Install Chameleon-2.0-RC2-r640 to your new installed Snow
2. When Chameleon is installed, go to your root and remove the boot file which is hidden and replace it with the one included in my Archive. Use terminal and the
3. Go to your Extra folder in the root and replace it with the one in the Archive. Use terminal and the
4. Copy all the file from the Archive Kext folder into your
one. They are red so that you can see it later on if you want to!
5. You are ready to boot your new install.
THE FIRST BOOT
1. As soon as see Chameleon GUI, hit TAB key and use argument
-32 -x -v
you will run 32bit, safe mode and verbose to see and understand what is loaded and what is troubled…if any.
2. As soon as booted, you want to use Disk Utility to repair permission on your main HD where SL is installed.
3. Reboot and by default you are on 64bit mode.